DISCLAIMER: I probably don't now what the heck I'm talking about here..

Stock49,

WOW, thats an informative post, but those curves, they're more related to dwell time than rotor cap alignment, aren't they?

The actual problem we'd be addressing with rotor alignment would be that their would be enough time for the coil to completely discharge before the rotor tip and cap conductors were disconnected. Right?

Does anybody know how long it takes a coil to discahrge? I'm inclined to say that a coil tkes the same amount of time to discharge as it does to charge, kind of like a capacitor (man I really gotta review my physics). Be aware I'm not completely sure of this.. Anyways that would mean that the discharge time is the same as the dwell time..

soooo.. The caps conductor faces should provide for the dwell angle plus the advances. I do not know the tolerances the distributor has but I figure that if they are very small, and you have very large amounts of advance you will potentially have some performance loss like Lee says.

However like I said, I do not know these tolerances, heck, I don't know the full advances nor dwell angles of these things.

so stock49, you measured the dizzy, what do yu think? I just reread your post and realized that I think you already addressed the issues I just mentioned, but seeing as I've spent about 6 minutes typing this message I'm going to post it anyways..

\:\)

So again Lee, repeating stock49's question: how bad is the misalignment in the HEIs?