Don, I mis-spoke when I called Toms's conversion a "kit". It consists of a bronze pilot bushing for the rear of crank, a bushing for the throwout bearing, and a thin ring that fits over the front bearing retainer of the T-5.

The ring insures an exact alignment of the trans into the original bell housing. Tom indicates the ring is vital to prevent 5th gear failure. If someones T-5 is behind a V8 or the car will see a lot of hard shifting a beefier bearing retainer can be used.

I may do away with the rear leaf springs and use a coil setup with 4 link. El Plymino already has coils added in the rear in addition to the leaf springs. I suspect they were added to the car suspension because of the added weight to be hauled in the "truck".
If I keep the leafs, then I will probably put them inside the frame rails in order to get the rear end down and improve handling. (El Plymino is no longer a work truck)
The data you e-mailed me suggests that the B body axle is about the only one that is a drop in slam dunk. Now I just have to find one.
Thanks for the e-mail info too. I like the tri-power setup you have on old blue. Very different.

------------------
Stuck in the 50's
1951 Ply Concord truck
1954 Nash Rambler 2 dr
http://www.picturetrail.com/elplymino

1951 Ply Concord truck
1954 Nash Rambler 2 dr
1955 Nash Rambler Farina