Nexxussian, good info. I think we want to stay away from custom rockers so us Peeons have a better chance of affording this custom head.

Twisted, it's not the head I'm concerned about it's the block. Particularly the 250 block. Could the hole for the push rods be moved (notched) towards the center (absolute) of the bore by about .375.

I do have a spare head, I'm working on, so I took some rough measurements this morn, and I do mean rough. It appears that the center of the valves is off the center of the bore by about a .25 of an inch. If a intake of about 2.0 can use now, moving the valve center to the center line of the bore an intake of about 2.5 might be possible. Is there a 2.5 valve for sbc? There's a lot to consider here and trade offs, combustion chamber would change, move the exhaust valve, how big of an exhaust valve. I don't have the knowledge or drafting tools to play with this, and probably would never have the need for a 2.5 intake valve. The critical factor is really if the block could be notch to account for the valve being moved.

I looked at the valve seat cut and it looks like it could be move .25 towards the valve cover, it would be right up against the valve with not much room to spare. If I had one of these custom heads I would love to see a polished (even if I to polish) finned aluminum valve cover with the name "Classic Inlines".

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever