Originally Posted By: trump
 Originally Posted By: inline300

Offer still stands, you give me the cam events and youll have a more real world idea of how each camshaft will interact over the rpm range, otherwise, your guess is as good as anyone elses.

I'm planning a relatively stock build. 500cfm 4bbl carb. Stock compression, bore, stroke, etc. Stock combustion chamber, stock size valves. 200R4 trans with 2800rpm converter. 3.42 rear gear on a '40 studebaker.

Larry- The cam prices I stated are without lifters. I planned on just getting a set of off the shelf hydraulic SBC lifters anyway. Kit would be nice if there is any savings.

Kerry- Does the compCams one come with the gear retaining hole drilled and tapped from the factory or did you have to do it yourself?

I need the actual cam events, Ill go as far as punching them in the program but Im not gonna go look them up...meet me half way and we'll see what we can see...without the stock cam specs to run a baseline, this is probably futile, no matter the program.

On a wild guess, Id say the stock cam would compare nicely to a couple of those aftermarket selections if it had a little advance on it but without the cam events who knows.

I could use the example, about how I helped my lil bro drop a 5.3 into his 96 x cab sierra last week, smaller than the 5.7,all stock and it would show the 5.7 who its daddy is, why, it makes more power. \:D Plain and simple. \:D Doesnt that debunk the smaller engine needs more stall theory? \:D

Last edited by inline300; 09/05/08 08:50 AM.