DeuceCoupe, My '37 truck is a show/street truck. I used to race Pontiac's years ago and Dad still does so thats why I have drag strip numbers. I also like to run it once or twice a year to make sure its still in tune and running like it should.

As I stated, the engine has stock parts other then the cam and intake. Its a .030" 250 with stock replacement pistons, somewhere around 8 to 1 compression. The head is stock with zero modifications. The intake is home made with three Rochester Model H carburetors off of a Corvair. The exhaust is stock cast iron with 2 1/4" pipe, muffler, and tail pipe. The transmission is a stock T350 with a 3.08 rear axle.

With the drag strip numbers and some calculating, its making 145 HP at the flywheel and 120 something at the wheels.

I have had headers on it, which were to big, and stock intake and exhaust. Each time out it ran the same numbers. But each time out I only shift 4400 so as to not hurt anything. I have not run yet with the Rhoads lifters. It should be a bet quicker but not much faster.

Joe