I have, and also possibly boring the lifter bores to accept a standard size SBC lifter(roller), so it would possibly open that door for more people to economically use a roller cam, instead of having to search for 50 year old used ones that seem to be non-existent. Trying to find original blueprints to accurately make a tool like that would be difficult to find. Also,I've found that using a block to create the dimensions doesn't really provide an absolute way to reverse engineer the dimensions on some things as critical as this. What if the block you chose was flawed in that area, how would you know? You could possibly check and dimension 8 or 10 blocks to try and determine an average to be more accurate. In my area, all I seem to be able to find are 216's. I have also considered making some billet main caps, and also a boring bar to bore the cam tunnels to install roller cam bearings. I will have to make a boring bar and the alignment rings for the mains first, so if I do make some main caps,I can also put them on the block. There are just so many practical high tech ways to improve these engines with these 21st century concepts. I was just pondering the lifter bore idea today, we must be on the same wavelength. There's a race shop local to me that has the BHJ lifter-tru set up for a SBC, I need to look at it and get some ideas. Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking, I think were cookin' with Crisco now!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer