Kerry, is there a program where you can get around that with a surety bond (sp?)?

I don't know that it would be cheaper or easier, but you never know, is there someone you can ask about that, without hamstinging yourself?

It's part of our lost title program here (not sure, may be part of our constructor vehicle program too).

Having been through this part of it here, for 'lost title' (or applying for a title for an 'abandoned vehicle') you would fill out the application for lost title, which includes an affidavit that you swear to the best of your knowledge it's not stolen, you have to submit an appraisal for the vehicle (fom a recognised, bonded appraiser) and post a bond that insures the vehicle in case someone claims (in the next 3 years) that it's stolen.

I know that sounds like a PITA, because it is, but if you are doing a constructor vehicle title you may (or may not ) have to go through something similar anyway. If you do, is there a way to tack the engine S/N onto the appraisal and surety bond? If you have to have them already would be the only way this would be easier, but it would also indemnify you later on if anything ever came up (as it would be doccumented).

Last edited by Nexxussian; 01/15/09 10:38 PM. Reason: t-y-po

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155