So you did, oops.

How much longer a search time does it have (if you know yet)? Would we be talking about a few extra seconds, or a few minutes?

I likely would be searching for bedrock in the early am (like when I posted earlier). It should inconvenience the least possible ammount of people (if it's acting up as a problem).

I guess play it by ear, I for one would like to have that capability. However if it were a problem for the other forum users (locking the system up as you describe) then it would have to be reset.

That is if I am reading that right, that the system only locks up on the longer searches, and only for the duration of said search. If the searches sometimes go too long is there a way to set a time limit so they 'time out' to prevent locking the board up in some kind of search loop?

As I mentioned I have tried to search via Google's advanced 'site search' and have had very limited success. If that were not the case (as in I was haveing good luck with Google, or another external search engine) I would say the change was unnecesary.

Hope something in that ramble helps.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155