Gentlemen, I've been away from the BB for a while, and seem to have dropped back in into a pile of chicken litter.

Back to business: James, Armond, Samwise, there is a cheap and simple way to center the supercharger on the head. But it would not be pretty, and thats the reason I didn't use it on my roadster. You could build a jackshaft, mounted on brackets attached directly to the manifold. (that means a total of 4 pulleys, 2 belts). The supercharger can be mounted with the discharge facing the head ports, and I considered doing just that, but it fit better around my headers like I did it. This winter, I modified the carb to "calibrate" it to supercharger duty. What I did is not easy to explain and the photos did not turn out well, but if you're interested, I will explain it later. Samwise, I have trouble remembering numbers, but I think the 3800's would boost up to 11-12 psi. I limited mine to 7 psi for longevity. I put 6000 miles on it last summer with no hitches. I just now finished putting a little heater (engine coolant) on the bottom of the carb plenum to keep it warm. The main manifold stays warm from exhaust header heat, but the carb plenum always ran COLD with condensate forming on the outside. So I figured the same thing was happening with fuel on the inside, even though I couldn't tell it performance-wise. It's rained here almost every day for 2 weeks now, so I can't tell yet if it has helped. (fuel mileage hopefully)

If I can help you in any way, let me know.

pappy