I've got one. Ford only listed it one year in their SVO catalog. It seems they wanted Mercruiser to add a Ford logo to the block mold and they felt it was too much trouble. The bellhousing dowel pins line up with a SBC. About 3 bolt holes line up, too. I cut and welded a Lakewood housing. I also cut and moved the starter pocket, but it would be easier to just relieve it there. I think it clears an auto case as I have seen others. The crank flange is 289 Ford, as is the snout, but the engine is neutral balanced. I believe a Ford 250 6 cyl is same as 289 without balance weight. I ran a stick and because of the extended bellhousing flange on the engine, had to make a custom flywheel and added the pilot bearing to the flywheel. I have the two previous articles in 12 Port News from the racer with one. I also have the dealer parts manuals on the 470 and 488. I got my help from Innovative Technology who ran one in a dragster with a Boss head and a 1/4" stroker (cut the crank for BBC bearings). He also made my flywheel. As for motor mounts, I tilted the engine 10* since that was the tilt on the 288 4 bbl intake so I custom made the passenger side. I used a Chevy six cyl adapter for the driver side. If you mount it straight up, get both sides. They have a triangular pattern like the unused holes on the side of the block, but are narrower. Weld a strap to reach the wider holes. There is no thermostat as I ran a BBF bus exh. manifold and the stock thermostat is in the marine exhaust housing so I bought a 488 thermostat housing, which has a relief for the thermostat, and added a Cosworth Vega thermostat housing to it to make an inline thermostat. I used that housing as it is 1-1/4", same as the outlet in the head while SBC is 1-1/2". There are probably newer 1-1/4" housings out now. And I think Renault has an inline thermostat housing also. You will have to elongate the bolt holes slightly to match the two housings. For the other hose, I found a Honda? hose to go from the rear of the intake forward and added a SS pipe to reach the radiator. I'll check here more often if I can help. If you want a package of info send your name and address, my e mail is Phil1934@att.net