Thought some of yall would enjoy this, and hopefully I can get some help at the same time.

Anyways, Im putting together a turbo 4.2L for a'56 chevy truck my Dad is building. Looking to run 8psi in stock form, and eventually pushing up that number to the 14-16 range. Engine will be basically a 100% street motor, but hopefully will run real hard and put some v's to shame. Truck will have a very race oriented suspension with nice sway bars and such, setup for the road track but will probably never see one.

Trans will be built in a 4L60 case, as strong as possible. Im going to stay away from the 80e because of the huge amounts of loss that it brings.

Im keeping the stock ecu and its components. I have efilive and I've been getting my feet wet tuning lsx engines, so Im hoping to be able to tune this engine. The main issue I see so far is using a MAP that can read boost and tuning with it. If I have problems tuning it I will call in a friend who is very, very big in the MS world.

So far I have modded the oil pan, and redone the belt system to delete the p/s pump and a/c.

Im hoping to provide many, many pictures of each one of my mod's to further the info that is known on this engine.

so on to the pics.

drilled and tapped girdle to bolt pick up tube.

stuff that got cut off

cut off

sheeted

start of baffles

more sheet

layed foil down so incase the weld blew out it wont drop down in the block

getting welded

stretched the pickup

I took off the a/c compressor since the truck wont have a/c. Also dropped p/s pump, since the truck will be manually steered.

After this I needed a new way to tension and another idler pulley so I used a stock vette tensioner and made a bracket...

basic belt layout

that is all for now.

I need to get a dip stick setup and an oil drain plug. Dip stick will come from a Lokar and is one for a ford 351 engine as it has 1/4 npt threads and is suitable for custom application.

I got an exhaust flange, and can get anyone one if they need one. Something like $100 a flange. Will get pics up soon of that.

At first the engine will be stock internals, but eventually the compression will be dropped, and hopefully the head can be ported to flow as good as a ported 06+ head..or maybe drop a ported 06+ head on this motor? not sure if that will line up, need to do some research.

I been trying to size a turbo for the engine...anyone have suggestions or ideas? I think the turbo nova wagon has a 88mm, but thats all I've heard? I also understand the nova is extremely built, so Im looking for mucho help in this department.

Sorry for the long post, appreciate yalls time.