You are a quick reader!

I have the cams instock.

The factory GM computers would not allow you to really tune the engine. The Holley one I use allows plenty of tuning capabilities. And it is easy to do.

I use a inline fuel pump for my application, it will supply all the fuel ever needed. You will most probably need add a sump to the tank to get rid of fuel slosh. Use the old fuel line for the return.

Here is a update for everyone else.
After dynoing the 292 and the 250, I have finally got some time to work on the ELCO.

A reminder, My engine is multi port fuel injected and I found that it ran better with divider plates added to the intake ports. This inturn made the intake port window too small, yet the car responded well and recorded a time of 13.8 in the 1/4 mile. This is a street car, just weighed this week @ 3700 with me in it. It is ran down the track in drive and shifts at 4800 RPM

Well now I have machined a head with a much larger intake port. It is taller and wider. A much better designed divider is installed and the engine was running fine before the convention but I was chicken to drive it 1100 miles each way going 75 mph not broken in or untested. Over the last 2 weeks, many miles have been put on it. The tune has been improved and let me tell you , the engine has changed! Used to run 11-12 PSI at full boost with old head, now it runs 7 PSI and has more power. Hope to take it to the track Fri night for test and tune runs. Will also see about getting that boost pumped back up. Tom

Last edited by tlowe #1716; 07/05/10 10:19 PM.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com