When I put that unit in the pictures together, I already knew it wouldn't be a drag car, and only see boost for very short periods of time. The Buick unit boost control limits it to 7-8lbs of boost or about 50% more power available. A potental increase of 70HP over a stocker. When a too small of carb is used it will go fat as it draws more, and fat is safer. No, it's not for the strip or Bonneville. Been both places and know better. I was trying to build it the way the factory might, simple and not requiring engine upgrades. FYI. I built a Roots blown small block and took it to the dyno to make sure the fuel curve was OK. I unhooked the link between the primary and secondaries on the carb and we did the primary alone. EGT climbed to about 1350 and then dropped back as we approached 5000 rpm. At 6k it was down to 1200. The same thing happened on the secondary as we opened just them using a piece of cord. When both were working the EGTs Went to nearly 1400 and then began to drop. When too small of carb is used it will go fat and EGT will drop. It wont have the same power potential as a bigger carb, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it wouldn't be safe. Just not up to the power potential of the bigger carb.

Last edited by Greybeard; 01/23/11 09:12 PM.

'37 Master Deluxe 2dr sedan
'66 Elcamino, 250, 3sp OD
http://greybeard.shutterfly.com/