Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Snowman, Congrats on your job. You have to start somewhere and you'll learn a lot there. In these times any job is good. You obviously have a family that cares about you. You sound like a game young guy who wants to learn. Our group is shy on those, but we have a glut of old farts who are willing to pass on their experiences. Take what is offered here and use what fits your needs. What is the deal with someone not sending your carb & manifold? Is he trying to stiff you? How long has it been? Where is he? Beater

Thanks! I appreciate your response.

The deal is that I found him on craigslist and called him around my birthday (end of september of last year). I asked him about it and he has a rebuilt holley 390 and a offenhauser intake for the 250 for $250 and we made a deal for $225. He couldn't use it because his old headers he was planning on using didn't work and he decided to sell it. He lives in atlanta, GA and is a trucker so he's out most of the time and the reason why it WAS going to be convenient is because he said he got trips to Memphis pretty often (I live in a memphis suburb). It turns out that he got like 2 trips right before I called him and then didn't get any trips anywhere near here for like 4 or 5 months so he hasn't been able to get it to me. I just finally got fed up near a month ago and asked him to ship it and asked if I could pay through paypal. The reason I was reluctant to pay for a big deal like this online is because, around a year ago, I was stiffed $400 out of a laptop through a scam (and that money WAS going to go towards my car). ANYWAY... he's been in and out of his home for the past month (so he says) trying to get shipping together. He said he's getting back and finally getting shipping done and getting it sent tomorrow but we'll see...

So that's the intake/carb situation...

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.