The truck will be used as a "Push Truck" at the local speedway and as a delivery truck for completed racing engines and machined parts. It will occasionally have heavy loads but may not do much towing. The picture of the pumpkin is from the Dana 60 and to me the limited slip is a bonus for our local dirt track. Sometimes the track is slippery and sometimes tacky. The cars it will push are relatively light, such as wingless sprints and super modifieds. The heavier rear end is to add weight to the truck and to improve traction when the racers let out their clutches to start their motors. If my rationale is all messed up let me know. I don't think the original rear end will put up with this kind of abuse with a 302 in front of it. I am going to run a T-10 tranny so the four speed will give me some good grunt. I was planning on using a 3/4 ton front end and converting to disc brakes which also means I'll need a booster. Right??? I have a few hydravac's sitting around. I know they are touchy but I used to drive them all the time. In fact... I hate ABS. Takes the skill out of stopping (hehehe)Please feel free to be critical of my thought process.... after all I am a...

Humble Newby

Humble Newby