ok so most of this does make me feel better, lol it has been like 3 years since I rebuilt the short block, but I just finished college and now its time to get back to the ol tank, I am going to run higher zinc/ZDDP to any oil I use to break it in no probs there, I am more interested in what GRADE of oil I should use that would be most appropriate for a break in, so is 10W-40 better, 15w-40, straight 40, 20w-50? I just don't know if thicker is better or thinner for a break in is all lol. As it turns out I called Delta and I guess I am getting cam specs all messed up lol, its a 264 mechanical with .450 at the intake, and .470 on the exhaust, at least that's what the guy said, I thought it was a 268 but I guess I was just dreamin, at least that helps on the cam duration to assist valve to piston clearance right lol, thanks for everything thus far guys. Oh and I do not have the head on yet, guess I can do a clay trick, but I would have to trash a good head gasket just to find out right, take it back apart, check, then use a new head gasket?

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!