Whoops, I misspoke, indeed both the chevy & pontiac factory intakes were oriented with secondaries next to the valve cover. I would then go with their ideas as they probably had a few more coffee break discussions and skull sessions than ourselves. I tried to adapt a pontiac intake to a chevy 230 saveral years ago and gave up due to too many attachment bolt problems. In my case, the use of a thick spacer, say 2" thick (instead of a flat 3/8" "headder" plate would have provided enough room for some of the fouling bolts to coexist. The slight misalignment of ports were easily sloved by a combination of grinding the ports and the adapter plate, Both intake and exhaust manifolds were cast iron (heavy)with the exhaust looking very tubing like, and having dual 2" outlets, the stock dual exhaust pipes were then crushed together to fit into a single 2-1/2" exhaust pipe and on to the muffler. I think this particular setup was off a Firebird Sprint body. A buddy had a F-bird Sprint and they looked the same. No sweat to run duals, just cut rear pipe while still individual and add length.