Camshaft was the same. Compression bump really really helped.
Why wouldnt it? 10:1 to 12:1 ?
If I had changed the camshaft I certainly would not have been shooting for 220-230 cranking PSI.Just a tad high to run on pump gas?
I was just hoping it would not ping & detonate, no money @ that time to purchase another camshaft.
I lucked out & the engine did not ping, I sorta attribute the not pinging from better fuel distribution from adding the DCOEs.

If the cylinder head was so bad,even DCOEs would not have made up the difference, right?

Like I said all a long, engine dynos does not tell everything how it is going to work in an actual car, can't bank it all on an engine dyno.

Back to the subject @ hand, the 194 head is perfectly fine for you to use,if you do not want to go crazy boosting it. Because of the compression increase.

When you have a bad flowing head, & when you force feed to engine w/a turbo or supercharge it, those deficiencies are not as apparent.
You can have a horrible valve job,IE, seats too wide, incorrect angles etc,but the port windows are big enough to flow well, a turbo forcing the air fuel mixture through it will not be so relevant, have the same senario on a naturally aspirated, you are going to see big losses in power.
Also if your port windows are too big, port velosity will drop & there goes your torque.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI