I posted the following on HAMB and one of the Senior Members posted back the following: "You might sign up on the Inliners International or the Stovebolters websites and find out if someone in the Madison or Milwaukee area would want to partner with your troop on the project. They foot the parts and machining bill and get the finished engine for a project, while they give your troop info and demonstrations about the inline engines."

Would this interest anyone? I know that of the group of 9 boys that worked on the merit badge that there were a couple budding mechanics or at least they showed a lot more interest than the others and think it would be pretty cool to have them assemble a motor and hear it run, I just don't have the funds to make it happen.

Here is my post:
I have a 69 Chevy straight 6 that was given to our Boy Scout troop so the boys could tear it apart as part of the Auto Maintenance merit badge. The boys tore it down and the motor looks good with only one cylinder that has a couple scratches. Now here is my dilemma, do I give it an old school hone job, put a new set of rings and bearings in it and try to get it running and try to sell it or do I leave it apart and sell it, or just junk it? Problem is I don't really want to spend money on something that I won't be able to get my money back out of, since I will have to foot the bill for this if I can't find anyone to donate parts and maybe some shop labor. Is there anyone out there that still buys these motors? I see a couple for sale, but looks like there's not a lot of interested buyers out there. I kinda think it would be cool for the boys to put it back together and hear it run, but on the other hand, I don't want to waste parts on something that I may end up having to scrap in the end. Any thoughts?