Comp Cams 240H - the mildest one on the list (Tech Tips link from the main page here). I ended up doing more mods than I intended and now I would probably choose a step or two hotter cam and high performance springs to go with it, which I may still do. But it sucks because I already have the brand new cam, lifters, stock type springs, ready to go on the engine. Argh. The 240H is the only grind from Comp Cams that works with stock springs, no $$ hi-po springs needed, no need to modify rocker studs, no need for higher compression ratio, etc. etc. etc... it is a cam designed to run in an otherwise stock engine with stock or slightly higher Compression Ratio. It keeps the build cost lower while optimizing what you have making it run more efficiently.

My plans have evolved and I have put some more labor and money into the project, and the engine could now support a bigger cam, with just a spring change.

I can't say how well this cam works, zero experience since it hasn't even been installed yet. The engine is still in pieces, more machine work to follow before assembly. So all info I have on that grind is from others, on this forum and elsewhere online. It is supposed to have a noticeable improvement in the stock rpm range, just slightly deeper idle sound but smooth like stock.

Cam and lifter combo ordered in 2012 was just under $200, free shipping. Buy a matching set, not just the cam.

Jan

Last edited by 70Nova; 11/21/13 12:11 AM.