Originally Posted By: Sdaver
Limit to 10 psi
92 pump gas
Intercooler yes

For a turbo app, intercooled & 10 PSI of boost on 92 octane.

I would start off w/10* of timing, probably (every engine will be different) could get close to 20* (under boost pressure), but start off with low timing & work your way up.

Note* if your exhaust/engine is too loud, it will be hard to hear detonation, you just have to be very careful since you are not going to be using some sort of knock detect devise.

For peak mileage, your vacuum can will get you in the 40+ degree range of timing.

Are you going to use a mixture of methanol & water w/the devils own?
I run 100% methanol, makes more power this way, but is more dangerous, but with the Devils own, I would use what they recommend. Too much water, it tends to snuff out the spark, more % of methanol, not as bad.

After you get the devils own system installed, you can advance your timing more than what I stated in this post. Should be able to start off with 12-14 degrees of timing & work your way up.
Just take your time on tuning though.

When running 10 psi & water /meth injection up & running, try to get your A/F ratio about 11.5, this is just something to start off with.
I run 100% methanol & in the 10.8-11.0 A/F ratio range, but I run 25-26 psi on 91 octane..

For spark plug gap, 10 PSI is not too much & if you are going to use an HEI w/your MSD BTM, you should be able to set the gap @ .035"
If for some reason you think the spark is being snuffed out A.K.A.engine miss, close it to .030"

I run an HEI w/an MSD 6 box & the only time I needed to close the spark plug gap was when I went to injecting a lot of methanol & over 20 PSI.
IIRC, I currently have the plugs gapped @ .026-.028" range.

Hope this helps.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI