Now for a news update. The short-block is finished, but my machinist doesn't have a mill anymore to remove the bosses, so I'm going to pick up the head tomorrow and take to my dad's friend's shop. He has a big machine shop at his house. He's been collecting machines for awhile now and does machining as a hobby (he's good though...has an 8 second drag car too). He should be able to remove them for me much faster than myself and a sawzall. I'll clean the leftover bosses up with a burr grinder, and maybe gasket match the ports while I have it.

Then comes the other news. I ordered a set of headers, an Offy 5416 intake and a few other parts from Summit yesterday. Originally, the Offy intake was going to ship from the manufacturer. Today, the order says I won't get it until November. WTH?! I talked to a CS person and he called Offy while I was on the phone. He said they're receiving 80 this month (all spoken for), and the next round would be November. Jeg's has it and says it'll ship in the middle of August...15th if I order today, I think.
**Just called Jeg's. They'll definitely have them in August.

So I wonder...(and I hate to rehash an old argument, but) I checked the Clifford site again and their manifold (now a heated version) says "it works exceptionally well on the street" and is available immediately. So my question... Can my 255 with it's 9.5:1 compression, lumped and ported head with larger valves 1.84/1.60, 1 1/2" headers, and 600cfm 4 bbl handle the Clifford intake? I'm hoping to get it running sometime in August, but I don't want to wait forever for the Offy intake, especially if it means November.

Downside though...it's about $100 more with shipping...Decisions...

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

*I spoke to a sales rep at Jeg's and they'll definitely have them for mid August shipping. I didn't order yet. Just waiting to see what some of you guys think. (I'm guessing it'll be wait for the Offy though, and I guess I can wait.)

Last edited by 47Thriftmaster250; 07/08/14 03:54 PM.

Projects:
1947 Chevy 3100 Thriftmaster - 255 L6/5spd
1970 Chevy Camaro - 406/T56 Mag - Pro-touring