Originally Posted By: str8shooter
Could you take pictures of what it looks like stock? I'm trying to get emissions back on a "1979" engine.

Dan

The '79 car 250 is different from the '77 and '78. GM dropped the integrated head and returned to the non-integrated head and manifold. Since '79 was the final year for the L6 250 in the Nova and Camaro, this setup was only one year. I assume it was a complete swap over from the 292 truck engines of the time, using the 2.25" 292SD truck exhaust manifold, but I've never seen a picture of one before? The older non-integrated Mon-Jet intake manifold did not have an EGR provision, so I'm not sure if the 292 truck and '79 250 car intakes were different and had a port for the EGR? Otherwise I would assume your components are the same as my '78 Camaro and the '77 Nova.

Here are some pics of my '78 integrated 250 that I had already posted that might help you see the layout of the EGR, EFE, and HEI vacuum advance. Both the EGR and HEI lines have a heat valve on the water neck that they hook to. The EGR lines also go to one of the valves on the EVAP canister. The EFE lines go from the intake manifold, around the back of the valve cover and then down to a boss in the engine block above the starter. The EFE lines are mostly steel, while all the rest of the line are regular rubber vacuum lines. If you need shots of the vacuum connections on the Mono-Jet I can probably take a better pic of it to show where the THERMAC air cleaner plugs in and the EVAP lines.