Hey I am new here I have a '55 Chevy 3100 235 use to be my dads but now I have inherited it. So the other day I started the truck up and it took about 3 min to start. After it started it didn't sound right, went inside to grab some stuff and to let it warm up. When I came back out it had died and there is still plenty of gas in the tank. Went to restart it with 1/2 choke and it started but when I pushed the choke in 3/4 it ran very high idle, when I pushed the choke all the way in it died. Thought it was running too rich adjusted the carb screw repeated the choke process and it still died.
I changed the fuel filter, checked the fuel line all the way back to the sending unit and nothing was plugged up. Upon further inspection fuel was not even making it to the fuel filter which is about 6" away from the fuel pump. So I don't know why the gas in not making it to the filter, pump and carb. There is a small leak on the carb. Would that release enough pressure to not suck up the fuel?
Sorry for the long first post I just can't figure it out, it has never done this before. Thanks for the help