Originally Posted By: efi-diy

A 4l60 will bolt in where a th350 was.. just slot the hole ~ 1/2" reuse the OEM trans mount. Google 4l60e swaps 1000's have been done.

OK, so your saying there are 1000's of 4200 installs w/a 4200 in Camaros & Novas?
I did not see them for what all needs to be done, how far forward or aft the engine needs to be located. Or in general, where to position a 4200 engine into an engine bay, have not seen references.

The system needs a fuel pressure reg and a return line with an EFI pump.

I have ran 10 PSI no problem, the I5 (3500/3700 colorado) guys have run 30 psi.

Yes 95% of the turbo installs are using a U up pipe and the stock exhaust manifold.

If not, how much is a turbo exhaust manifold? < not required unless your going after huge power.

OK, so your saying there are 1000's of 4200 installs w/a 4200 in Camaros & Novas or other vehicles.
Are there engine mounts for these 4200 engine installs like they have for LS engines to fit in Camaros, Chevelles Novas etc?
I did not see them for what all needs to be done, how far forward or aft the engine needs to be located. Or in general, where to position a 4200 engine into an engine bay, have not seen references.

Maybe when there is a lot of aftermarket support for these items needed to install 4200 engines, there would be a lot more installs.

I do not know all the details of Leos 4200, but I do not think it is stock internals?

Don't get me wrong about the 4200 engine, it is a great platform to start with.
It is not just a bolt in deal & away you go.
The LS platform is already figured out & the aftermarket support is there for almost any car/truck install new or old & different manufactures, like installing LS engines into Ford Mustangs & others.

The 1995-96 Toyota Supra engines inline 6's are a great engine also.
I have read you can bolt on parts, turbos, camshafts, injectors etc, on a stock longblock & they can stay together making 800 RWHP. Probably more now, have not followed them recently, just remember this statement about 10-15 years ago.

What can a 4200 engine handle w/stock internals?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI