Originally Posted By: gbauer
Originally Posted By: Lugnutz
Originally Posted By: gbauer
B-W's are still missing that third peddle...

Did some lunchtime reading . . . .

Here's some reading. Extensive T5 info on my website. I have a V8 Camaro T5 and a 250ci in my 1965 C10 truck. Love it. Drive it and don't abuse it. I agree that a T5 will not stand up to much abuse.

Even a WC like you have?

I really don't want to go to a T56 due to price. At that point I think I'll stick with the 200R4 option.

I also chose the T5 because of budget. The T56 will hold up to abuse but I couldn't justify the price since I was putting it behind a stock 250ci.
I opted for a 1983 V8 Camaro NWC T5 because it had a 0.73 OD gear which is perfect for my 3.73 rear diff. I originally bought (and then sold) a V8 Camaro WC T5 with a 0.63 OD gear because I realized that the 0.63 gear would probably make my engine lug on hills and thus I'd do a lot of down shifting into 4th.
The V6 Camaro WC T5 from 1988-1992 should have a 0.73 OD gear. They don't have a close ratio like the V8 versions but they are still the best option for a DD with a mostly stock L6. The V6 T5 will have a 14 spline input shaft which can easily be converted to a 10 spline shaft and then use a standard Chevy style 10 spline clutch disc. No adapter plate is needed.

The 1993 V6 S10 has a WC T5 with the same gearbox as the V6 Camaro but the shifter is more favorable for a bench seat car.

If you look seriously at a T5, make sure it has a Muncie style bolt pattern on the case and make sure to calculate RPMs in each gear so that you actually have a 5th gear that is useful with your particular rear diff and tire size. I use this online RPM calculator.