Now that I've fixed the loose flywheel issue I'm working to get my 292 tuned on my 66 C10. Approx 9.4 comp with lump head and 214/218 dual pattern cam and 500 Edelbrock, Clifford intake, Langdon exhaust, true 2.25 duals, stock HEI from Langdon.

Vacuum is ~14 inches at idle with vacuum advance plugged. I've also installed Crane blue/silver HEI springs and adjustable vacuum can with adjustment full clockwise. Initial advance is 10 deg. I haven't been able to take the truck out after making these adjustments due to work/time constraints but truck seems to be running well in the driveway. I am not really sure what the vacuum can adjust really does but assume it changes vacuum sensitivity. Crane instruction sheet doesn't really go into that. Also want to add that I am using full manifold vacuum and Crane vacuum canister lockout at its highest (notch) setting.

Am I in the ballpark to start or any suggested changes?

The carb settings jets, springs are stock. Any suggestions there? I am learning as I go. Thanks !

Last edited by Hzgray; 10/08/15 09:33 AM. Reason: added manifold vacuum and lockout