I came across a very lengthy post and how to one day about installing the one piece seal. The general consensus was it was lots of expensive work for something that seemed to also fail and leak lots.

I am not saying your wrong but are you 100% sure its the rope seal leaking all the time and not the rear pan seal? Lots think its the rope just because the leak is at the rear crank area. That aside The one piece that people are using is Cr-38649 and I think I recall you just machine the depth of the seal. This however can be an issue if you don't get your machining dead center it will leak worse that the improper installed rope.

Lots of opinions between the rope vs the neoprene. My rope has yet to leak one drop. The installation and the trimming of the ends is key to getting it to seal correct. Mine was installed with the crank fully removed so i was able to roll it in. Some say if you try to do the install with the finger trap pull around method when the crank is installed it actually can stretch it out a bit causing it to later slightly retract and form end gaps. Lots also cut the ends perfectly flush with the main halves because it so easy to do so with the razor blade.

Last edited by wolffcub; 12/06/15 01:31 AM.

52 3100,235ci,Clifford In,Fenton Ex,Fitech EFI,251/254 cam,HEI,T-5,S10 rear, and much more!