Originally Posted By: TurboCamaro

--Un/Assembled Megasquirt1 v2.2PCB - $169/$269 (bottom dollar option)
--Un/Assembled Megasquirt2 v3 - $279/$435 (cheapest future-proof option)
Stimulator - $59
Intake Air Sensor + bung (for boost reference) - $31.25
Tuning Cable - $5.50
USB Adapter (only if laptop doesn't have serial port) - $22.50
Wiring harness (optional) - $67

Cheaper cost results in user having to assemble unit and have ability to use laptop and follow/understand more complicated instructions. Has fuel control features making it a standalone engine management system. Can be used to monitor wideband, exhaust temp and knock (extra $). Several internal combinations available (MS1/2/3 and PCB v2.2/3/3.57) which will increase feature set and/or processing power. Works with any distributor.

To speak to this one a bit more, if you purchase an assembled MS, you do not need to purchase the Stimulator. If you are looking to possibly more in the future, start with a 3.0 or 3.57 board. You can still use an MS1 chip in it for a bit of cost savings now, but the 3.0/3.57 boards are upgradable with just a processor and one jumper wire change to MS2 and MS3. My Skylark started as a MS2, and I just bought the MS3 chip, expander card and the larger ECU case to upgrade. I'm now going to use my "old" MS2 chip with a old 3.0 board to control a 4L60e when I get around to installing it in the Firebird.