Some will say that I have posted this in the wrong section. My reason for doing so is that more than Inliner members will see it. I have asked both Rich Swick and Tom Lowe to write their vision statement. They will also post them here.

PRESIDENT’S VISION

I’m honored to accept the position of President of Inliners International. I feel strongly that Inliners International is a GREAT Club. There is a valuable history that we cannot afford to lose along with experience and knowledge that should be shared with future generations. I will try to be a “Leader” from the front and not from behind. There will be problems, but I believe that you handle them when they are small and manageable and don’t let them become big and unmanageable. If we want the Club to survive, it is imperative that we reach out to past, current and future generations. All car clubs are facing this dilemma. This can only be accomplished by embracing technology. That doesn’t mean that there is no place for “traditionalists,” those with a love of classic inline 6s from years past, it simply means that we need to encompass all inline engines, both vintage and modern. I believe that one of the most valuable tools will be through the internet. I have personally noticed an increase of individuals with inline engines, yet they don’t realize that our Club exists. They are unaware of the valuable experience, knowledge and networking available to them.

Following is a list of items that I want to accomplish during the first year of my term:

• My top priority as President of Inliners International will be to address our financial status and to get the finances under control. This will be accomplished primarily by cutting costs in publishing “The 12 Port News,” our largest expense, and by generating revenue through advertising, merchandise sales and other means.

• My next priority is getting the website up and running as soon as possible.

• Communication is the strength of any organization. Implementing regular meetings with the Club Officers will happen, as well as personal contact by me with ALL of the Chapter Heads.

• Increasing membership to the Club MUST happen. We need to increase the awareness of the Club to a wider audience, enticing both former members to return and new car enthusiasts to join the Club.

• Consideration will be given to “restructuring” the Club to more effectively meet the modern-day challenges that we face.

I welcome any comments or recommendations. If I can accomplish the above goals over the next year with the help of EVERYBODY, we would have really accomplished something. AND I KNOW WE CAN IF WE WORK TOGETHER. I repeat, this is a GREAT Club. Karen and I have met many great and interesting people, both nationally and internationally, and many have become good friends.

Luke Lucas

Luke Lucas I.I. #516