Congratulations and good luck Luke. As I pondered what changes are needed one thing has always been at the back of my mind. That is the preferential treatment still being given to the Chevy / GM marques over any and all other brands. While it may not be intentional and there will be those who argue that we already embrace and welcome all makes let me point out a couple of glaring examples of how there is still residual favoritism shown.

Got a list of Hall of Famers handy? Look at it and pick out one person on there who was not a GM Guy. Nope - not one in all these years. C'mon, there has to be one noteworthy person who isn't a Chev / GM guy. And that also brings to mind another question - why all guys? Not a single woman worthy of recognition? Ever hear of two-time IHRA World Modified Champ Ann Peto?

'Nother example? This website has a "Engines" Forum. But all the other marques are relegated to their own niche forum, be it topics of engines, chassis, or whatever. There is no parallelism -of-thought here. If I post a question about a 250 ci six in "Engines" it is assumed by the readership that I am speaking about a Chevy 250. While it may seem like a petty thing that the forum is biased toward GM/Chevy imagine if the "Engines" forum was for Jeep, or Hudson, or Jaguar, or whatever.

OK, end of rant. Good luck to all the officers, new and incumbents.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!