Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
That question is much like "Why do you need a 30 round magazine?"

Indeed. The number of people that want smaller gas tanks are most likely in the minority of folks.

Originally Posted By: mick53
I'm running a cable drive fuel pump off my oil pump. Have a fuel pressure regulator at the carbs with return line to bring it down to 3-5 lbs.

I've noticed that some people use these inline type external fuel pumps as a regulator and/or to get the fuel pressure constant going to the carb.

What my plan is, and this is just a plan, rather than mount an external electrical fuel pump where the mechanical fuel pump is mounted up by the front of the engine and run it up and around the valve cover, is to mount both fuel pumps in the battery tray under the passenger floor. My battery was moved to the firewall, and I think it would make sense to mount these as close to the tanks as possible, they are evidently better at pushing than they are pulling.

From the battery tray I'm thinking to go to the driver's side of the engine, follow the firewall up and then forward to the carb. This will remove the fuel line running up and around the front of the engine and keep it all towards the back.

For the time being I'm running the mechanical fuel pump I refurb'd until I can get the registration complete.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup