Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
My '40 International had 3 tanks and all ran from the stock mechanical fuel pump on the engine. It just had a 3 position valve on the floor.

So tell me, what does the switch-over-valve do for the low pressure fuel system do? The way I understand it, the gas is allowed to flow on the main, and when it gets power it switches over to the auxiliary. How would that differ from what you mention, and what Whitedog mentioned up near the top of the thread? It makes sense that you only need a mechanical switch to direct the flow, the fuel pump will be sucking on that line and no matter which one is connected it will suck from that tank. So, in that regard how does the switch-over-valve change it? That diagram above still shows both tanks going through the switch, but they also have the switch-over-valve connected to the power as well. Does anyone know why?

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
At home it was $3.29 when we left. Carson City and Reno are more expensive. The $5.29.9 was in Lee Vining, CA near Mono Lake.

Ok, Lee Vining makes sense. BTW, this is an XLNT example why someone would want 600 mile range. I know Lee Vining and have been there, bottom of the Tioga Pass dropping down from Toulumne Meadows...that's a beautiful drive, but it's in the middle of nowhere, what is synonymous with "bum f#@$ Egypt". wink There's a restaurant not far from there right on Mono lake and it's beautiful sitting there having a drink overlooking the all the salt in the lake...Anyway, yeah, you can spend a bit more and be forced to buy gas there, or flip a toggle on the dash and be good to get to Bakersfield...or farther...

Good story on the kids, and good to hear the parents supported you...getting all too common parents gang up on the bus drivers...

the air is BS these days, I've paid for it before but it doesn't even give you enough air, they have a governor set at about 32 psi to protect idiots from overfilling...they charge you and don't even give you a full blast! I keep 40-45 psi in my Tacoma, 60-65 on the flatbed. So, WTF good is it? smirk

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup