Originally Posted By: TraditionalToolworks
........One problem is I don't have a gauge for the tank, so it's hard to tell how much is in there........

In high school I had a '56 Chevy 210 with a nonoperational gas gauge. I was excellent at knowing how much fuel was in the tank by listening to the filler neck. Yeah, the filler neck...lol... I never once thought anything of it. I'd stop, walk to the driver's side taillight, open it to gain access to the gas cap, twist off the cap, grab the top of the quarter panel and shake the car, then put my ear to the filler neck. Lots of sloshing meant a full tank, faint sloshing meant about an 1/8th and need of a fill-up. One time I did, and my friend who had seen me do this many times just started laughing like crazy. He said "Do you know how goofy you look when you do that?" I said that I never really thought about it but didn't care because we never ran out of gas. But of course I was laughing my a$$ off as well. laugh

Good times...lol...

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY