Originally Posted By: DoubleDingo
My goal is to get the best fuel economy as I can from this setup, so if it requires an Offenhauser intake or a different cam so be it.

Shane,

Local fellow has a C20 with a 292 in it that I just saw last month. His was a barn find that had 60k on it a few years ago...he's put about 30k-40k more on it I believe.

At are local Inliner meeting I was talking with him about how multi-carb effects the gas as I would just figure that you use more gas with multiple carbs, but him and another guy were telling me that is not necessarily true and that in many cases using 2 fine tuned carbs will get better gas mileage. He put a set of headers on his 292, I think he used the cast ones like on Langdon's site. He still has the single carb intake.

I know that if you look on the Langdon site, he's a big advocate of multiple carb intakes and even on the 235 seems to advocate using dual 2 barrel carbs on a Fenton setup, but some folks will argue that the engines don't suck enough air to demand such intakes and having the correct carb shipped on it and rebuilt in good operating condition will go a long way to being able to handle the engine just fine.

Where are you in Cali? I grew up in SoCal, but live in NorCal now.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup