Originally Posted By: DoubleDingo
When I grow up I want a place like that.

Me too! I'm 61 and still waiting to grow up...my wife says it probably won't happen though... smirk This type of long term project doesn't come easy. This is taking me a loooooonnnnnnnggg time...however I am a big advocate of "Owner-Built" and I encourage everyone to build structures, shops, homes, etc...it is the way you can get ahead in life and build something very useful. Most people have the skills to do this. There are pieces of usable property all over. A lot of folks building off grid, but IMO there is nothing wrong with the grid. My property has water rights. I will use a septic tank, so this has eliminated a lot of dependency. I will be dependent on electricity, but will use solar to offset the costs. All in all this will be a fairly small footprint on dependencies.

If you already have it, may as well utilize it to its fullest potential. Sounds like a great spot.

It's gonna be! It is more than most people would expect of a home, with a beautiful view of the lake. Here's a video of the property and foundation as of August. This is the most substantial project I have ever taken on.

It would be nice to save them all. My weakness is '56 Chevy's.

I wouldn't mind having a couple more trucks, an Art Deco 'burb would be cool, but my real lust is for a '58 Cameo, or even a Fleetside. I was born in '58.

BTW, I am superstitious about dates, and the original owner of my pickup died back in 2007, I found an obituary when googlin' his name. He was born the same day as my daughter, different year of course, but same birthday.

Hmmm, couldn't get the bold italic underlined to work like I thought it would. But you get the gist

Yeah, I figured it out. I am a software engineer, but I know that doesn't mean too much these days...but it leaves me around computers quite a bit. Silicon Valley is not the same place it was 25 years ago...the demographics are entirely different. People that are actually born in Cali are in the minority, like less than 1% is my guess. cry

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup