Originally Posted By: D13again
I've been wondering something similar for a while.

My thought was to start out with Megasquirt running (2) 1-bbl TBI's on a 2x1 Offy. Now it has shifted to running Clifford (bought cheap) with 4.3 TBI set up.

The issue for me is fuel distribution. I have read the Aussie is better than the others.

Next upgrade would be turbo coming in about 2500 rpm and making max 8psi, redline around 5000 rpm. Was looking at the Marshall intake (I think Twisted6 handles these), individual runner EFI intake, perfect for turbo package with EFI. While the cylinder head is not divided it still puts the fuel in close to the valve. For a low RPM torque puller, I would use 1.8 intakes 1.6 exhaust and just polish up the head ports, perhaps a slight shaping of the boss. Not sure how much the lumps would gain me, head is efficient at low RPOM and the turbo would cover the midrange.

If you use the divided port EFI Marshall intake and then divide the ports in the head also, lumps are not necessary because you regain port velocity that is lost by removing the bolt bosses in the head to install the lumps. Installing the lumps with the ports divided will make the port window/cross section too small to give you much RPM range for performance or added benefits.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer