Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
stock49 Online Content OP
1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
Greetings . . .

Fired up the tube bender to create a bunch of stainless scrap for metal recyclers ;\) . . . managed to get a few usable pieces as well:

I used 1/4" pipe thread in brass to tap into the water pump

I used Langdon's plate to move the water neck forward - but plugged the hole because I am getting the water instead
at the back of the block where the drain cock is fitted:

That back header bung is going to have be ground down some because it interferes with the emergency brake rod.

The plan is to paint the threaded brass pipe to match the engine and black out the brass compression fittings like the ones on the intake:

While I had the bender out - I went to work on the front header bung to to get a place where I could pick up heat for the auto-chokes:

Choke stoves are ugly so I hid this one under the intake manifold:

It's made from a 1/8" FIP brass tee - wrapped in galvi strap stock:

Since I won't be using the bell crank I re-purposed that mounting hole. I drilled some holes in the brass fitting that is threaded into the header bung - so the carbs can draw hot air. Not sure if I will need to insulate that stainless tube or not . . .

Looking for a source for that white braided insulation for the 1/8" copper tubes that will run up to the chokes . . . not sure if any one makes a modern equivalent (in the old days they contained asbestos).

regards,
stock49

B
Bub Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer
B
I would like to find some braided insulation as well. I have wrapped my metal fuel line with insulation tape but I think the braided product would work better.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 161 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available