Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
R
Found another nice one...

In the 1926, Amilcar made an overhead cam inline six of 1096cc. Here's a little detail from one site about it:

Quote:
Another version of the Amilcar was the beautiful little twin-cam 6-cylinder Roots-supercharged model, it was much more exciting than the Grand Sports, It appeared in 1926 and was a pure racing car, which you could buy for £695. The 1,094 cc. engine possessed dry-sump lubrication but relied on plain bearings. The Amilcar Six looked like a small G.P. Bugatti but it was another half-dozen years before Bugatti went over to a twin-cam engine! An out-and-out small racing car which was soon in demand amongst British amateurs, and in the hands of professional drivers was dominating the 1,100 cc. class, the Amilcar Six could be had with sketchy sports equipment, and even before this was freely available Vernon Balls evolved a means of endowing these very rapid little cars with a dynamo and starter.
Seven main bearings, sound pretty tough and very interesting to me.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Here is an interesting old thread started by Ray Bell way back in "ought 5". I think this is the most Down Under participation I've seen here. It's funny watching Ray trying to guide the thread to the his original idea for the post. It took a few pages for the 4.2 to make the scene.

So it's been a while. What is the ultimate inline 6? I think the most fun one I ever had was the complete surprise in my Datsun 8-10. It would chirp the tires at 80mph shifting into 4th gear. Basically it was a 240Z with electronic injection. Ugly little silver sedan. We had to sell it when moved here. In the winter it needed John Deere assist to get home.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available