Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I really liked it. The sheetmetal pieces were just hand buffed and sprayed with semi-gloss clear. I should have given it a couple more coats. The salt at Bonneville has not been kind to it.

I've had 4 Woodies, all fun but my favorite was a Morris Minor Traveler. A really cool little wagon.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/31/22 05:42 AM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
I really liked it. The sheetmetal pieces were just hand buffed and sprayed with semi-gloss clear. I should have given it a couple more coats. The salt at Bonneville has not been kind to it.
It looks awesome, IMO. I wouldn't feel bad if I rebuilt an engine and it looked like that. smile

I've had 4 Woodies, all fun but my favorite was a Morris Minor Traveler. A really cool little wagon.
Well, I've owned about 4 dozen of Martins...ROTFLMAO (keyword being "owned")

So I guess I'll match my about 4 dozen Martins to your 4 Woodies! grin

I don't know if I've even seen a Morris Minor Traveler, it sounds like an extended mini wagon.

EDIT: just looked up the Morris Minor Traveler. That is cool, reminds me of the Wallace and Grommet mobile, but theirs wasn't a Woodie...

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 03/31/22 06:26 AM. Reason: Wallace and Grommet mobile

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup
Contributor
Contributor
Straighten the press out and weld the frame up. You won't be trying to separate the cluster gears again. It that press won't take something apart it likely doesn't come apart. laugh
One problem guys like me have is that the things I learn will likely not be used again. Build it, fix it and I'm off into the unknown again. crazy

One time on my other '65 C20, it ate another center bearing, for some reason it liked to do that. Anyhow, it did it an hour from home, so while we waited for our ride to come get us, I removed the driveshaft. The next morning Pop put the shaft in the press at his work, to press off the center bearing. He was up to 9 tons when it finally popped loose! I was going to try it in the field with a ball-peen-hammer I had. I would still be there if I tried that, and that was back in the mid-late-nineties...lol...

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available