well I know I wont get much from these ideas of porting a head of this nature but i just cant leave well enough alone, and were off. I have read the framk mcgurk article and snooped through the archives here but what I am looking for just cant seem to be found. I was reading an online article about these 848 heads and what it said was that the valve port right above where the valve seats, that opening or the "throat?" is approximetly 1.44 inches wide and that they should be pushed up to 1.5 across and not to go any further than that because it can get into water if any more is removed. Now for the actual manifold port/runner, mcgurks article said they pushed those out 1/8 of an inch from 1.5 inch to 1.625 inches, and that other than these two things being done to the intakes, this is all that should be done, along with smoothing out rough spots and "clean up bad spots and smooth things out". A performance shop told me that the best thing to do is to "acid wash" the intakes to better atomize? They told me that I could port them, but should I make it a "rough port/polish"? As for the exhausts most people say dont bother cause they aint worth it and that they are long and curved which makes the job hard? and the benefits are not worth it in the long haul, but wouldn't polishing up the bowls really help that exhaust flow? McGurks article looks as if the porting got like 15-20 hp at some RPMS? and that does not sound terrific, but looking at the HP and Torque graph it looked like the porting and polishing helped the "under the curve power" fantastically. Any ideas/comments/advice is appreciated, I wish I could just ignore the trouble of porting and polishing, but I cant, I'll just think later "what if?", so I'm in quite the quandry.

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!