Tom:

I have another check headed your way (via snail mail) today. Use it to finish up the 292 pulls or on this next project as you see fit.

I know this would NOT be a possible 250 configuration to test but the results (or lack of them) would sure be interesting:

Suppose you take the best 250 combination you achieve in your future dyno pulls and simply moved all the components over to the 292 tall deck block with the only change being a switch to the necessarily long (7.425" cc ? - yikes!) connecting rod to arrive back at a zero deck. I'd be very curious to see imperical dyno proof of the benefits (if there are actually any at all) of a long rod configuration and its significant improvement of the rod:stroke ratio.

If I did the math correctly, the resulting ratio would go from 1.6:1 for the 250 block to something like 2.1:1 for the 292 block - all other things remaining equal.

It may be that the better rod ratio will only show an increase in performance in a maximum effort race engine and show no measureable impact at all on a street motor. And even if there were a positive impact, is it even remotely worth what the cost of the custom rods (and perhaps piston package) would be? Probably not but it would be interesting to know for sure . . .

Russ