Dyno 250 Predictions:
Some of you may recall I made some "Gonkulator" predictions of the 292 dyno tests before they were run. The predictions matched the test series fairly well, although I did correct the dyno data horsepower by about 4hp, that is my estimate of a correction to full open headers vs the (2" or 2-1/4 pipes I forget) used.

With that, the Gonkulator averaged same as the dyno overall, with a scatter (standard deviation) of 3% or 4%, ie a scatter of about 10 ftlb and 8hp or so.

So, on to the upcoming 250 dyno runs.
Run-for-run, my Gonkulator is predicting that the 250 will come in about 14% lower on torque and 6% lower on horsepower than the 292. We should be able to see this since 5 runs (as I count them) are repeat runs - the 250 will be dyno'd with exactly the same cam/head/manifolds as on a prior 292 dyno. \:\)

One reason the 250 hangs in there so well is that for most of its runs, the 292 only had 8.80 compression. I am calculating the 250's compression at 9.76 with the flat tops - Tom does that sound about right?

Especially fun will be the weber tests, I am predicting well over 300hp for the weber and the biggest cam planned.