I have a 64 Belair that I'm once again looking to improve on. Last summer I swapped the old 230 with a 250, stock everything. I'm looking online and seeing a few builds where a small turbo is used to make 5-6psi on a draw through system. That's what I'm looking for here in this build.

Background on the car: th350 swapped with a B&M Shift Kit, stock rearend with shortened driveshaft. Stock brakes. I will be replacing front end bushings/suspension parts this spring. The frame is just as solid as a 50 year old Chevy from MN can get.

The engine has stock parts as far as internals and externals. YouTube shows a few videos with Clifford intakes and Offy exhausts, but there are alot a few videos of hodge podge builds utilizing stock externals/externals.

Now my question: for practicality sake, how efficient is a bone stock 250 inline making 5psi? Is it necessary for internal/external upgrades? What budget am I looking at? Not looking to take it to the track, just a weekender/cruiser. Car sits 7 months out of the year. It's kinda got the rat-rod theme.

Thanks in advance.

Alex