As we all know, the LL8 was not sold in a manual transmission. However, the bellhousig to block bolt pattern is identical between all of the Atlas motors.

Manual bellhousings are from the following applications with any Atlas engine, which are the four or five cylinder variants of these vehicles

2004-2008 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon
2006 Hummer H3

The stock transmission in the Atlas is an Aisin AR Transmission, which can also be found in the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky, and Isuzu trooper. It has a removable bellhousing so transmission could be sourced from these vehicles without a bellhousing. The Aisin bellhousing-to-trans bolt pattern is the same as many other Aisin transmissions, which makes other transmission options available. These include

JEEP
1984-1992 AX4 4 speed
1984-2002 AX5 5 speed
1998-1999 AX15/NV3550 5 speed
2018-present D478 6 speed

Toyota
R series 5 speed
G series 5 speed
W series 5 speed
L series 5 speed

Other
AZ6 6 speed- Nissan Silvia, Mazda MX5/RX8, Lexus IS200, Toyota 86/Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ NOTE: It has come to my attention that the AZ6 has a cast in bellhousing, I don't know if that is ALL AZ6s or just BRZ transmissions
AW5 5 speed - Toyota Hilux/Tacoma, Suzuki Vitaria/Escudo
AM15 5 speed - Toyota Dyna, Hino Dutro

Whenever sourcing these transmissions make sure that the bellhousing is removable, I believe that they are not available as cast-in bell transmissions, but I haven't been able to confirm that. There also may be spacing/input shaft issues, which I can't feasibly take into account with this information. Any and all help with finding this out is appreciated. As I build my car I will slowly work out what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by Ztarchitecht; 02/21/19 06:54 PM.