Print Thread
Rate Thread
#695 07/30/03 07:17 PM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
hi! i recently picked up a holley 390 4bbl to put on my 250 with clifford intake. in the tech tips portion of this site, there's a description of how it should mount... primaries outboard, throttle linkage in back. in order to mount with the linkage to the rear as shown, it puts the primaries inboard and the secondaries outboard. any thoughts? suggestions? with a spacer i could turn it around so the secondaries would be inboard as directed but then the throttle linkage would be at the front. what would be the best route here? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

bucky

#696 07/30/03 09:38 PM
J
Contributor
Contributor
J
let's see if I can get this to work.

I've tried putting the carbs on both ways, with the primaries inboard and out, and can't really tell the difference on mild to medium engines. The Overhead Cam Pontiac 250's built in the late 60's were available with Quadrajets. Those were ALL mounted with the primaries inboard.

Somebody else posted a picture of his engine only a couple of weeks ago that showed the carb installed like the tech tips has it. I don't remember which post it was, but I'm sure it's easily found. That engine had aftermarket cables and brackets on it. Mine uses one from a mid-90's S-10 pickup and a homemade bracket.

------------------
David
newbie #4153

David
newbie #4153
#697 07/31/03 04:30 AM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Spacecowboy

The carb will work either way, You can also have it so the carb sits inline with the motor not at a 90deg. Some feel there is very little difference. If you do not have a cable settup. I have something that will help you mount it 90deg. on the intake. http://www.homestead.com/memorylaners/MLRS.html Take a look at these pictures I have other Not yet posted I can send them to you.
Hope this helps. }[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available