Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
I have a 71 Nova with a 6 cylinder and on the carbuator it has a spark control solenoid where do the 2 vaccum lines go to? I cant find anywhere that tells you and the car wont shut off without dieseling, is there anyway to do without this? Maybe by retiming the car to a differnt spec? or changing the carbuator to a differnt type? any help would bw appreciated.

J
Contributor
Contributor
J
It is not a spark control solenoid. It is an anti-dieseling solenoid. With the solenoid energised with the engine idling, you set the idle speed where you want it, You set the speed with the solenoid-not the idle speed screw on the carb. when you get it right, then unplug the wire on the solenoid and adjust the idle speed screw on the carb where it will barely run fast enough to keep running. This way you have the right idle speed and when you shut off the engine it will let the throttle close more and cut off the air so it won't diesel. 99% of the dieseling problems on shutoff are caused by idle speed-not timing as most people think. For some reason,250-292 Chevy inlines are more sensitive to this than any other type of engine in my experience. Joe

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available