Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
G
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
G
So, with the demise of the old Clifford forum, where did all those users go anyway? I would have thought this site would have picked up some by now. I realize they were mostly fordboys over there, but it's not like we don't have a ford section. What gives??

I.I. #3174
K
Contributor
Contributor
K
A lot of them are at fordsix.com, a site sponsored by an Inliner named Jack in the Orlando area ( no, not our Pres., just can't remember his last name). This site gets mentioned on their board, and I have posted info on some Inliner events over there. Several have bought H/W carbs from Stovebolt, also. We may end up with some membership from that site, as there are several other Inliners who I see over there.

G
Contributor
Contributor
G
I was a reader and would occasionally post on the Clifford forum. I check in on the topics here on Inliners. However, no one wants to visit about the new inlines and fewer still have an interest in four cylinder inlines. Rather odd due to the fact that many cars and trucks today have 4 cylinder engines.

Of course once word gets out of the newer Ford-Mazda-Cosworth dohc all-aluminum Duratec engines that have the capability to generate high horsepower and torque with very few modifications then the discussions may be forthcoming.

Regards,
Gerry

------------------

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I here ya Gerry on the four banger thing. It seems to me that the new ford and GM stuff is real close to the import motors. Some poeple just dont want to accept it. Eveyone can accept the new 4 valve staight six but the fours are where they draw the line! It's pretty neat to see how much power they can make out of them little motors. It's kind of funny how there is so much hate tawards the import cars. If you look at what some of the inline guys are doing with the nitrous and turbos. It kind of looks like they are trying to do the same thing.

Steven

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I feel that the biggest reason that there is little interest in all the new high tech inline fours is that they are in cars that don't interest most of the membership. Front wheel drive econoboxes and mini pickup trucks just do not have the same appeal as a '30's thru'50's era coupe or truck. Add to that the fact that most of those engines are east/west front wheel drive, electronic fuel injection applications that dont mate well in a rear drive 3700# classic cruiser or truck without a lot of related electronic junk. Now if sombody were to make a four valve, double overhead cam conversion head for the 292 Chevy or 300 Ford I would own one of them for sure.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
G
Contributor
Contributor
G
I can't say anything at this time but there will be a series of articles blending classic old rides or custom hot rods with newer four cylinder technology...fuel injected and carbureted versions.

Here's a hint of a company that is involved. Check out http://www.quad4rods.com John is making manifolds and drivelines for the Olds Quad4 engines but has plans to do other styles for new projects.

That's all I can say.
Regards,
Gerry

------------------

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Hey that Quad Four looks slick. What model vehicle does it come out of? Need more info!

I am all for getting in to modern inlines of any size. Especially if I can bolt them to a saginaw trans and hang webers off the side! yeehaw

[This message has been edited by 41ChevyTrucker (edited 01-16-2003).]

G
Contributor
Contributor
G
41 Chevy Truck,
Send me an email regarding engine options.
Regards,
Gerry
dedonis@kans.com

------------------

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Most have migrated to FordSix.com. Some of us still come here!

I've also been a bit busy with my own; although 200 members isn't much. It's a start...

------------------
JEFF
68 Firebird OHC
#
Pontiac OHC-6 Forum

JEFF
68 Firebird 4.2 Trailblazer engine

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod