Print Thread
Rate Thread
#35925 08/25/02 02:59 AM
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
howdy gang! after a long summer away from my flathead sixes, I'M BACK ! I accomplished very little on my engine this summer, the block is cleaned up and ready for machining, that's about it. House hunting and chasing my eighteen month old have seen to that. However, I have acquired two more builders, both 230 inchers, both runners, one out of a '54 Plymouth, and one out of a '50 pickup.I am still looking for a rebuildable set of 201 con rods if anybody has any leads. My custom manifold flanges should be done in the next month or so, and hopefully I'll be sending a cam out for grinding soon. Due to money I had to forgo the industrial gear drive setup. Look forward to hearing from all of you.

#35926 08/27/02 11:55 PM
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
does anybody know anything about Plymouth floorshift 3 speed transmissions? A guy gave me one today, I believe it's a '36, but I don't know how to tell. I also don't know how to tell if the trans is synchronized. I'm also curious if the internals are interchangeable between snchro and non synchro trannies, like a ford trans with zephyr gears. thanks gang.

#35927 09/02/02 11:25 PM
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
got another question for all of you out in Mopar land- I've been looking for a magneto to adapt to my flathead six, I have found a guy in England who has Simms magnetos off of six cylinder Leyland Truck engines. These mags have a very "industrial" look to them, and they have a cable operated manual advance lever which might make for an interesting driving experience, but all in all they're VERY affordable, and look to be moderately easy to adapt to different applications. Does anybody have any experience with this type of magneto?

#35928 09/08/02 09:21 PM
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
i have 2 36 trans and 2 38 trans. 36 have a lip on the parking brake pulley on the back of the trans. the 38 has no lip. 36 park brake was run by floor shift. 38 park brake was run by cable from under dash. hope this helps

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available