Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
B
I'm tinkering with a 1950's Scoopmobile loader, Anyway this one has a large Chrysler 6 cyl flathead (I believe it is a 251)

After thousands of hours of use the original engine finally failed catastrophically about a month ago. I lucked out and found a really nice rebuilt 237 on craigslist, which is now ready to be put in.

I need some help with the oil plumbing. The 251 in the scoopmobile has all of the oil ports plugged (hence no filter). The new 237 has a oil filter, but it's not hooked up. I'm planning on using steel line, does anybody have a diagram or photo showing what ports I should plumb the filter into?

Also, since this in not a concurs application of a flathead, is their a better oil filtering system I should consider?

Thanks for your time,
Peter

B
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
B
Still looking for any resources, The fellow that owns the loader has a manual that covers the flathead engine, but I would like to confirm from another source.

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Peter;

This is easy to solve.

Just go to your local Library & request a Motors Manual (blue)for the year of your engine (most have them)etc. Then consult/refer the section inside. Most have a copier so you can make a copy to take home etc.

There for sale on e-bay all the time too.

Good luck. \:\)

PS: If you have a specific question I'll look it up in mine for you, or just leave the plugs in. Your 'better off' W/O a filter in that application.

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement